Between Low and High Force there is another footbridge. It is reached down a steep track from the main B6277 road and on the south side of the bridge a track runs east to the settlement of Holwick lying just below Holwick Scars cliff. Of 2 spans, the footbridge lies on the Strathmore Estate and was built for them by Motley and Green of Leeds in 1896 and sometimes known as the Duke's bridge as it was built for the Duke of Cleveland. It was rebuilt by Durham County Council in 1998 as a footbridge. There are also paths west to High Force a few hundred yards distant, and another going east. Both these paths are part of the Pennine Way.
The river is quiet here and show little sign of the tumult at the falls on either side. From the bridge steps lead up to the paths which are higher up the river bank giving good views.