On a minor road from Bolam to Hartburn this bridge is set amid farming country on both sides of the river. it was built by the British Concrete Steel Company. There are a few houses to the east of the bridge and Angerton Hall is half a mile north, another of John Dobson's designs dating from 1842.
Several small wooded areas are scattered about the countryside. Angerton once had its own railway station half a mile west and the course of the line can still be traced.