Bridges On The Tweed


A replacement of an earlier footbridge of 1817 built by John Stevenson Brown of Redpath, Brown and Co. for Sir John Hay. The engineer for the present bridge was James Bell and it was built by W Inglis and paid for by public subscription. It is Category B Listed and is located to the east of Peebles and linked to the town by footpaths on either side of the river.

The bridge has an attractive setting and is just upstream from the old Caledonian Railway bridge which linked Biggar with Peebles, but little remains of that bridge.

 Priorsford Footbridge, Peebles Facts

Constructed - 1905
Type - suspension, steel cable, brick piers, timber deck, ashphalt coated.
Position: Peebles, Peeblesshire, Scotland.
Grid Ref: NT 253 402
 Priorsford Footbridge, Peebles

© Bridges On The Tyne 2011