"Innerleithen. Pleasant little weaving town with medicinal springs associated with Scott's St Ronan's Well. Traquair, 1 mile south, is among the claimants to be the oldest inhabited house in Scotland, The entrance gates have been locked for 200 years."
About Britain. No. 11. Lowlands of Scotland. 1951.
Known as the Haughhead Viaduct it is situated to the east of Innerleithen. It was part of the North British Railway's Galashiels to Peebles branch, and the line from Innerleithen to Galashiels opened in 1866, the western section to Peebles having opened two years earlier. The line closed in 1962 and the bridge can now be used by pedestrians, cyclists and horse riders. A water main is also carried. It is Category B Listed.